Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Fun Things:

Our lives aren't extremely exciting, but I have a few things I can blog about :)

On Saturday night we went to see Matt's sister in her play up at Weber state.  It was called Light in the Piazza and Steph did a wonderful job!!  Half of the play was in Italian though, so it was a little hard to understand. ;)  I don't know if you have ever seen the opera bit from Brian Regan - if you haven't you should look it up on youtube - but in the middle of the Italian operatic singing Matt leaned over to me and said in his best red neck voice, "Uh, somethin' about a boot... and a radiator..." :)  Guess you'll just have to watch the clip to get that one. ;)

On Sunday we went to dinner at my parent's house with my aunt and uncle and cousins.  It was really fun to see everyone and the food was delicious!!  My mom gave me these dehydrated cherries and when you stick them in the freezer they are DELICIOUS :)

Last week I received a new calling!! I'm getting moved all over the place!  I told Matt I got fired from young womens ;)  j/k.  I'm sad that I'm not in young womens anymore, but now I teach the 13 and 14 year olds and it is a lot of fun.  Matt comes in to help me keep the rascals in line.  On Sunday I was teaching them about Abraham and Isaac.  I asked them about a time when they had faith to follow the commandments, even though it was difficult.  One of the boys said, "This one time this kid was talking trash on the church and I told him I would punch him in the face if he didn't shut up."  I had to stop myself from laughing and the girls all rolled their eyes.  One of the girls said, "Ya, that's a GREAT example."  Haha.  They are at such a funny age. :)

Matt is as busy as ever with school.  I'm so proud of him and all his hard work.  We are patiently waiting to hear news about his admission to the business school...  If for some reason he doesn't get in this semester we know it's because we aren't supposed to start until the fall because Matt definately has the grades, essay, etc. to get in with a slam dunk.

Matt and I have been cooking more often and really enjoying it.  Last week we made Thai-Style Coconut Chicken.  It included delicious things like coconut milk, chicken, ginger, snap pea pods, garlic, lime zest, red peppers, jalapenos, etc. served over rice. :)  Last night we made Caribbean Black Beans.  This recipe included delicious things like black beans (of course), red peppers, lime juice, orange juice, mango (or papaya), ginger, and cayenne pepper - also served over rice.  You can find these recipes and many more on my sisters recipe blog.

Well, I guess that's all for now, sorry for the lack of pictures!!  Here is one to keep this post looking interesting until next time :)  I LOVE the lighting in this picture.

1 comments:

Bryan and Sarah said...

Your life sounds great! I think that there is always so much going on in everyone's life to make it exciting! I like how you cook together - it sounds yummy!