Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Adventures

I have been LOVING this beautiful spring weather... how about you?

These blue beauties reside in our front garden.  Underneath the blossom tree.  It's looking a lot like spring at our house :)

I decided one day that I was going to take a picture of these tulips everyday as they grew.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3

On Friday night Matt and I went grocery shopping.  Then we came home and made a yummy dinner.  The rest of the night was spent studying for the LSAT.

Saturday morning we woke up and decided that we wanted to make a yummy smoothie.  We had purchased a papaya the day before and wanted to try it out.  I cut it open while Matt watched intently.  Then I smelled it, made a funny face and said, "uh, it kind of stinks..."  Matt smelled it and sure enough it smelt like REALLY stinky shoes. :P  So I said, "Well maybe it doesn't taste like it smells." (If you hadn't guess neither of us has had too much experience with this fruit).  So Matt tasted it and then spit it in the sink saying, "It tastes EXACTLY like it smells!!"  YUCK!! Needless to say we didn't have any papaya in our smoothie on Saturday morning.  After breakfast I did the dishes while Matt studied for the LSAT in the kitchen.  Then we studied together for a while.  We made another quick trip to the store and then hurried home.

Matt unloading the groceries - round 2 :)
Whistling while he works :)

We celebrated my mom's birthday on Saturday by going to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse.  The food was delicious and it was definitely the highlight when mom had to sit in the saddle for her birthday... :)

Everyone at dinner :) YUM!!

After dinner we came back to our house to play games, eat treats, have yummy dessert, and watch Brian Regan :)  Happy 29th Birthday Mom!!

1 comments:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

That was alot of fun & the food was GREAT! I like the pictures you got:) I think you should look into photography those flower pics are so pretty!