Thursday, August 21, 2014

14 Weeks


Thursday, August 21, 2014
How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  I'm trying not to freak out about this.  I'm still down about 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight with no weight gain in sight!  I feel like my belly is growing, but there is no movement on the scale to show for it.  I have a pretty fast metabolism, but I have also had food aversions to most fattening things like meat, sweet things, and sometimes cheese!  All I want are fruits and vegetables.  I've been trying to make things more fattening by eating veggies with dip or putting grated cheese and the most fattening dressing on my salad.  Please tell me my freak out is not warranted...
Maternity clothes: I found some really cute jeans at H&M thanks to my cute cousin Rebekah who recommended them!  I've only worn them once, but I love them already--so comfy and cute!
Best moment this week: Hmm… I had a lot of great moments this week, but one of the best was when I put on my new maternity jeans and Matt said, "You look so pretty pregnant."  He's the best. :)
Movement: I can't wait to feel our sweet baby moving.
Waist diameter: 26.25 inches at waist, 30 inches at belly button
Food cravings/Aversions: These have seemed to get worse this week, but I think it's because I stopped taking my morning sickness meds all together and it came on in full force!  I was throwing up and not was not able to sleep because I kept waking up feeling sick in the middle of the night.  I've started taking the meds again so I'm hoping some of my food aversions will ease up too!
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.
Belly button in or out?  It's definitely too early for this question unless you were born with an outie belly button.
What I miss: NOTHING!  I'm just so grateful for this little miracle growing inside.
What I am looking forward to: I'm excited to continue to watch my belly grow and for our next doctor appointment on Wednesday!
Milestones:  14 weeks!  Baby is about 3.5 inches inches now!
Realization of the week: Pregnancy anxiety is a very real thing!  I've never had a problem sleeping until this past week when I'll just lie awake for hours worrying!
Other fun things: I usually take my weekly pictures on Sunday because Matt is around to take them and it's easy to do it then, so the picture above is actually me at 13.5 weeks. Here is a belly picture from this morning too just for fun. 

4 comments:

Tracie said...

You look so adorable! Congrats!

Katie said...

Don't stress out at all about not gaining weight. Everyone is so different, but according to the "proper" way to gain weight, you're not even supposed to gain till the second trimester. And that belly is getting so big so you know the baby is growing just fine. Your baby bump is so cute. I can't wait till you get huge. :-)

Caitie said...

Lots of people loose weight first trimester since it's so hard to eat when you are so sick! They tell you to eat lots of protein and it's so hard at first since you are so sick! I liked to eat greek yogurt to get mine in! The Dannon ones are delish. Much Better than trying to eat meat on a morning sick belly :) So happy things are going well!

Mateers said...

Steph we need to know if you found out baby Purcells gender!! And I don't know if you will be able to shop at these stores but http://www.newlook.com and next.co.uk I found to be amazing and really good priced :)