Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Crazy Weekend...

So Matt hasn't been feeling very well and we are pretty sure he has Strep Throat - poor guy :( So after work on Friday I wasn't feeling well either. After dinner we went to lie down - probably around 6:30 pm and we slept till 1 am. Then we woke up and partied and watched 24 till 5 am then we went back to sleep. I slept till about 9 am and Matt slept till 11. I got all ready while he was sleeping and then we started the laundry. I decided to start breakfast while Matt was getting ready. Breakfast burritos were the dish of choice. I started by cracking eggs, grating cheese and cutting onions... and then it happened. I got a big, brand new, sharp knife from the knife block and began to gleefully cut my onions... until the onion ended and my finger began... then I wasn't so gleeful. I screamed, grabbed my finger and put it under the faucet. Matt came running to help and took me to the bathroom where I nearly passed out a few times. I had to hold a paper towel on my finger and hold it above my heart for an hour before the bleeding stopped enough to bandage it. I made Matt do it and not tell me anything about what it looked like. As soon as he was done bandaging it he asked if he could tell me so I let him. I knew it was pretty bad because of the pain, and Matt said he believed me when I said it hurt. I actually cut the tip of my finger off. We weren't able to find the chunk I sliced off so we think it got washed down the drain in the kitchen. We had to change the dressing once and I asked to see it, but Matt said I didn't want to see it. So it has been the sick taking care of the wounded at our house today. I felt light headed for a while after from the loss of blood and it still hurts... do fingers grow back? haha I think it will be ok Matt said it was about 1 cm that got chopped from my left ring finger. So that has been our crazy weekend :) We have been pathetic today just laying around and doing nothing. But we have lots to look forward to! Next weekend we are going to South Jordan and Salt Lake to celebrate Matt's birthday with our families. Matt and I will also celebrate our 3 month anniversary. Matt's birthday is August 5th and he will be 23 :) I have lots of surprises planned - so stay tuned! :) Well that's all for now!

2 comments:

The Godfreys said...

ew that made me light headed just reading that! are you okay?!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Uhhh YIKES!! That does not sound good at all...and no Steph fingers don't grow back LOL!!!