Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Conspiracy...

You know when you go to get a new cell phone and they will give you a "great deal" if you sign your life away?  Then you do and a couple months later, that phone they gave you a "great deal" on stops working.  If it doesn't stop working all together it starts having weird glitches that drive you crazy

Matt's flip phone can't be open all the way for the screen to work.  You have to hold it at just the right angle so the screen will turn on.  It's really annoying.  Try texting while holding your flip phone slightly closed... it doesn't work to well.  Anyway, I have also had this happen to me several times - not fun

I am CONVINCED that these stupid cell phone companies like T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T etc. are putting time bombs in their phones so that you HAVE to go and buy a new one before your contract is up.  Then you end up paying a ridiculous amount of money for a new phone that breaks just in time for you to have to sign a new contract to get a "great deal" on a new phone. 

What do you think?  Has this ever happened to you?

4 comments:

Kalli said...

Haha. It is so true. But if you buy the insurance on the phone, which costs you so much each month, your phone will never break. Weird. When Nate and I first got married the screen on his phone broke so you couldn't see anything. So if he needed to call someone, and since no one memorizes phone numbers these days, he would have to spell out the name blindly, click send, and hope that he was calling the right person from his address book. We didn't break down and get a new phone because we couldn't afford it. Nate did this for about 6 months.

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I wish I could say I understand....BUT my phones NEVER die! They just keep going and going until people are looking at me funny when I pull out my block of a phone because it is so outdated LOL!

The Godfreys said...

Yes my phone broke about 10 months in to our contract, so for 14 months I have to use a cheapo track phone!

laura d said...

Don't even get me started on how much I hate my phone!! argh!! :D Just read your comment on my blog...there's only one way to fix being baby hungry....