Thursday, August 25, 2011

"I kind of feel like a pioneer."

On August 6th, the day after Matt's birthday we made the three hour long trek to the Chicago temple.  (Chicago itself is only about two hours away).  After spending ~$50 on gas and tolls to get there and back and spending six hours traveling Matt said, "I kind of feel like a pioneer."  (Minus the fact that we rode in a car with AC... :))  But, it was a gorgeous day and it was so worth it.


I also snapped this picture of the city as we were passing through.  We were planning to stop for Chicago deep dish pizza, but the GPS lead us astray and we didn't realize it was just taking us home until it was too late. :(  We got pizza anyway and figure we'll be making the trip again soon.

3 comments:

James and Kerri Heaton said...

Steph! Hello! I know its been forever since we've seen each other. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm living in Madison, WI with my husband, and our temple is the Chicago temple too! We're also about a three hour drive from it. Maybe we'll see you there sometime. :) Hope you guys are doing well!

Bryan and Sarah said...

So cool - I can't wait to see some Chicago photos! I'm enjoying having a temple close. It sounds like it was a long, but fun, trip. Matt's comment is so cute!

Allison and Boyd said...

I totally know how you feel! We have to drive to Columbus to go to the temple. The other week we had a Youth Temple Trip and we met at the mall at 5 am!