Thursday, November 3, 2011

Soup, Our Lady, and Heaven

On Sunday we woke up and went to church with my parents.  It was fun to show them where we go to church and have them meet all our friends and their cute babies.  :)  After church we had Chicken Taco Soup.


Then we headed over to campus.  We thought it would be a good day to show them around when it was less busy.  We had so much fun touring the campus, the law school, and one of the lakes.


In front of the law school - look how cute my parents are!
 


We really should have had someone take a picture of the four of us, but here's one of Matt and I too to prove we were there! :)
 


And I took a few pictures inside the law school to document where Matt has been slaving away since August.
 


One of his classrooms
 


The courtroom
 


Part of the law school from the outside

Campus is looking amazing with all the changing leaves - I LOVE fall out here... I think I might have mentioned that.



Every part of the law school is pretty incredible.
 



This is where Matt likes to study a lot - it's easy to see why!
 


Did I mention how pretty the campus looks right now?
 


Mom and Dad - I love this picture of them :)
 


Matt and I
 


This is where Matt leaves his bike each day.
 


The Basilica
 


Some scenes from our walk around St. Mary's Lake
 







This squirrel was chowing down and it was hilarious - so we took a picture.
 


Mom and Dad walking around the lake.
 



This squirrel pretty much charged Matt.  You might say they are tame - I say they are dangerous!
 


I was up in this squirrels grill and he didn't even flinch.  Mom tried to pet it's tail.
 


Then we came home and ate some amazing four-layer dessert.  This is the "Heaven" part of the title of this post.  This isn't a very good picture, but it's amazing!  See recipe below.
 

Layer 1
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 sticks of butter (or margarine if you're lame)

Mix together and press into 9" x 13" pan.  Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes or until barely brown.  Don't over cook!  Cool

Layer 2
Ingredients:
16 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat together until well mixed.  Spread over top of cooled crust.

Layer 3
Ingredients:
3 cups milk
1 small package instant chocolate fudge pudding
1 small package instant vanilla OR chocolate fudge pudding

Beat until thick.  Spread over cream cheese layer

Layer 4
Ingredients:
2 pints fresh whipping cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
Vanilla to taste

Whip and spread over pudding layer.  Top with grated chocolate if desired.  Refrigerate and enjoy!  Seriously.

11 comments:

Rach said...

Hello lovely!! That dessert looks incredible...and I loved how you said "margarine...if you're lame" lol. We NEVER buy margarine. I guess we made the cool list!! Miss ya.

My boy and I said...

I love your blue coat!! It is darling. And all the pictures you took are amazing. It seems so beautiful!

The Hansen's said...

I love how much you love it there! I am so glad you guys are happy!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I love all the fun Fall pictures:) I can't believe the crazy squirrel & how close you got to it! I need a slice of that heaven about now...that looks AMAZING!! Yum! Can't wait to see you guys, Love ya! :)

Bryan and Sarah said...

Wow! Keep the pictures coming! Notre Dame looks beautiful. Also, how great to see your parents too!

Annie said...

I laughed so hard at that bike picture!

I had a dream last night that we went to EFY again...except this time I was married (although you weren't). ha ha!

You were getting all the attention from the boys, as usual :), and I thought "I think I shouldn't be here since I am married now."

Weird! Love you girl!

laura d said...

love your pics. especially the ones around the lake.

Amy said...

Gorgeous pics. So fun your family got to come and visit. And that cake looks sinfully delicious! :)

Kalli said...

Beautiful pictures, Steph!!

Kyle ♥ Ashlyn said...

It is so pretty back there :) looks like you guys had a great time with the fam

janice m frye said...

I am so glad you found my blog so now I can follow yours!!!! How much fun is this?! Chicago totally makes me think of you and choir tour! ha ha good times! Love you to death! Keep in touch amazing lady :)