Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recommendations

Each weekend I make a few meals for the following week and we eat left overs for lunch and dinner each day, so I try to make things that will be great left over.   This saves SO much time.  The last thing I want to do after working all day is come home and stand over the stove for another hour or two... plus Matt is always starving and doesn't want to wait. I'm always looking for new recipe ideas, so I thought I would share a few of my favorites from recently.  They aren't mine, but I can definitely recommend them!!

Poppyseed Chicken

recipe and picture via
*Hint: I like it better with cream of chicken soupServe with rice.*

Zuchini and Lemon Pasta

recipe and picture via
  Oh my goodness... this was SERIOUSLY one of my all time favorite meals.  Matt was fasting while I was making it and was dying because it smelled so amazing.
*Hint: We don't have a BBQ so I just used a George Foreman, it took a little longer since I had to grill in batches, but it still worked!  Make sure you marinate the chicken!  Also, I used fresh Romano cheese since it was already open in the fridge and it was amazing.  Don't be turned away by the red wine vinegar, it was like $1.5 for a big bottle.  Also, sometimes fresh herbs are expensive so I used all dried herbs from my spice cupboard and it was still amazing!*

Enchilada Pasta

recipe and picture via
*Hint: None really, this was amazing even without the toppings!  I just put a little more sour cream on top and I'm always over generous with the spices--I like a little kick.  I also read a comment saying it was really good with black beans instead of chicken which would be easier and cheaper!  I'll probably try that next time.*

2 comments:

Marie said...

We LOVE this recipe for beef & broccoli. Awesome leftovers, super filling, totally worth the dishes it requires.

http://rainydaygal.com/2011/02/03/beef-with-broccoli/

Katie said...

I made this tomato cream sauce stuff that was awesome over pasta. It was easy to make a large batch and reheat leftovers and just make fresh pasta whenever we want to have it. I don't know if making pasta the day of is fast enough, though. :) Let me know if you want the recipe. I'm totally trying some of those.