Saturday, March 2, 2013

I'm just not crazy... and that's ok.

I think I've spent my whole life trying to be a little crazier.  Honestly.  

I feel a little guilty if I stay home, again, and read a book or watch one of my favorite TV shows.  I feel a little guilty if I buy those same jeans--AGAIN--or five solid/plain tops because I like the way they fit.  I feel a little pressure to know the latest fashions and to follow them.  I see fashion blogs and think, "that looks so cute," but when I go shopping I can never commit and step out on a limb.  I go to buy fabric for a new skirt and think, "Ok, I'm going to get something DIFFERENT this time!"  I stare at all the funky fabrics, thinking that if I stare long enough I might convince myself to like that fabric.  The one that looks "hip" or "fashionable."  But I don't.  It's just not me.  And you know what, that's OK!  I like things to be simple.  

So, I'll most likely live my life wearing stripes or solids with jeans, or that same black skirt.  I'll wear one of five pairs of silver earings everyday and my hair in one of the three ways I always wear it.  I'll spend my free time relaxing with my best friend, reading a book, blogging, taking pictures of ordinary things, and eating my favorite foods at home.  That's just me, and I like me.  :)

So here's to a little more of finding ourselves and being ourselves.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm the same way. I always order the same thing at restaurants and I have like 20 white shirts. I'm a little boring too. :)

Andrea said...

Isnt it a beautiful feeling to realize who you are and be content with it? I have done the same thing much of my life and although we dont exactly spend much time together;) i have never thought you boring or plain but beautiful, kind, happy and inspiring. Today i went to a shower that was perfectly beautifully planned and decorated. Truly ideal and another woman said i hope to be as accomplished someday and i said you are just at something else. I will never execute a party that way...its not in my blood i will never be as orgaanized as my 3 super duper organized sisters but i like to think that if someone needs a shoulder to cry on or to be heard or understand in a moment of heartache i can be that for them. We are all different for a reason i love that your celebrating YOU and being ok with it! Keep on loving those 5 earrings (my selection is 2 haha)

Linnea said...

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

I like this post, Stephanie!

Lauren Hall said...

I totally love this