Sunday, June 30, 2013

We ARE a family.

People will sometimes ask a couple without children, "When are you planning to start your family?"  Not only is it probably not a good idea to ask someone that, but you don't have to have children to have a family!  We ARE a family.  We hadn't had professional photos taken of us since we were married and I didn't want to forget this time when it was just the two of us.  Without children.  But, still a family.  

So, for our 5th anniversary we asked my sweet friend, talented photographer, and founder of PPP, Jill Witt, if she would take some pictures of us while she was visiting for our race!  Thank goodness she has such an enormous heart because I'll cherish these pictures forever.

I often tell Matt, "Even if we never have children, I'll still be the luckiest person on earth because I have you."  And, while we can't wait to start the next phase of our lives, we definitely haven't sat around waiting for it.  We've been living and loving our lives--just us.  I love this guy.

11 comments:

Christina said...

You will loving looking back at these pictures! We did the same thing before we had kids and I think a lot of people thought we were a little nuts, but we were a family for a long time before we had kids and wanted to make sure that we celebrated the family that we already were.

P.S. I thought that was hands-down the most obnoxious question people that people asked!

P.P.S. You guys look great!

Kimba said...

Beautiful family!

Kimba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophia Crane said...

What a lovely post. You two are an amazing family & your photos are beautiful.

Annie said...

You are so beautiful!

Lizzie Ann said...

I love this! We get the "when are you going to start a family?" question a lot, and I never know what to say. Thanks for posting!

Linnea said...

Beautiful!! These are fantastic. I have been thinking I'd like to have photos done of Jeff and I again here to celebrate our 5 years together.

Along with already having a family, I would like to put forth the idea that "homemaker" can extend out from its general association. Someday I hope I can be a stay at home mom, but for now I am definitely still a homemaker. I provide for our family financially, and Jeff and I are both homemakers in trying to make our home a happy (and clean) place to be. Love is what makes a house a home, you know. :)

Rach said...

And a drop dead gorgeous family at that. :-) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

My boy and I said...

You guys are most definitely already a family:) You definitely have been living it up and that is good because things do change when you have kids, and even though it is a very good change it's still fun to soak up every moment you have as just the two of you. You are both incredible people. I love reading your blog! And by the way your pictures are stunning! Oh my gosh you guys could like couple model or something:)

Marie said...

I love getting pictures taken, even if it is just the 2 of us for now. So many great memories!

Kandace said...

I love this and completely agree that you are a family! It's great to celebrate every phase.