Monday, March 17, 2014

FET #2: Baseline, Meeting the Fenlons, and SHOTS!


I wrote all of these entries on the dates listed, but we weren't ready to post them until now.  If you know the outcome of our latest treatment, please don't give it away in the comments until after the "FET #6: Results!" post has been posted.

In case you missed it, here is a link to the first post: "FET #1: Medications and a Miracle"

Saturday, December 21, 2013
After Matt finishes finals today, we'll make our way to the airport!!  We're flying home for Christmas, New Years, and for our treatment so we'll be there for close to 4 weeks!  I'm so grateful to have a job that has been so flexible with all of our treatment schedules and doctor's visits.  It's always stressful traveling with meds that have to be refrigerated.  I'm always afraid they'll lose my bag with all the meds, so I'm packing all those in my carry on luggage.  Makes the security line LOTS of fun.  Monday is our baseline appointment and then we start shots on Tuesday!  I'm so excited!  Let's do this thing baby!

Monday, December 23, 2013
Today we had our first appointment for our new cycle.  I really, really love the Utah Fertility Center.  All the staff are always so kind and helpful.  They did an ultrasound and said everything looks great and quiet like it should.  I have an awesome uterus and we're ready to start Estradiol injections tomorrow.  They also drew my blood--which I love--and everything is good there as well.  We are a go for the shots!  Shots aren't fun, but it's always exciting to take the next step.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Merry Christmas Eve!  This morning I started baby aspirin and tonight Matt gave me my first Estradiol shot.  Those needs are MASSIVE and they have to go right in my tooshy.  They say it's your "hip".  Lies.  Matt will have to do all these shots for me because there is no way I could even see what is going on.  I was actually surprised at how painless they were.  Maybe Matt is just really good at it, but I barely felt anything and I kept asking him if he had done it yet after it was already over.  He was such a trooper.  I have to have these shots every Tuesday and Friday evening through 12 weeks of pregnancy, or through a negative pregnancy test.  I'm hoping it through 12 weeks!  It's fun to think that next Christmas we could have a little one in our arms.

Friday, December 27, 2013
Tonight I attended the Pound the Pavement for Parenthood Christmas party.  Matt was so, so sick and didn't want to spread it around, so I went by myself.  I felt bad leaving him, but there was no way I was missing this.  Ali and Jeremy Fenlon (aka the miracle workers from Sage and Harper) were there!  Meeting them was one of the most humbling experiences of my life.  The tears just flowed.  I love those people with all my heart and I am so grateful for their friendship.  Their generosity has renewed our determination to help others all our lives.  I can never thank them enough.  Again I hope you'll check out the Sage and Harper website and support their business--they are doing incredible things.

I'm so sad I didn't get a picture with everyone who came, but we snapped this picture of Maren, me, and Jill right before I left.  I love these ladies.

Monday, December 30, 2013
I had another blood draw today.  Easy peasy.  I still hate them, but in only takes a few seconds and it will definitely be worth it.  Everyone has been getting sick.  Matt and several other family members had a HORRIBLE stomach flu.  Matt gave me a beautiful blessing that I wouldn't get sick and ended up blessing me for our treatment as well.  The Lord promised me with so many incredible blessings as well as some really good council.  I felt so much peace afterward.  I know that the Lord loves me and I know I'll be a mom soon.

1 comments:

ShelbySpear said...

We were in the same ward back at Glenwood and we have some mutual friends...I hope this isn't too weird that I'm posting on here.

My husband and I just went through the IVF process as well and thanks be to God, it worked. I really hope things work/worked out for you. You and your husband deserve it!

I was extremely grateful for the opportunity to do IVF, but it was an overwhelming experience. Apart from my husband I had to go through it alone which was also difficult.

I remember the shots and the blood draws, they never seemed to end!! Of course I'd do it a million times more, but it's a crazy journey for sure!

It's always great to see someone else's journey and realize you're not alone in this struggle.

Good luck!!!