Tuesday, March 18, 2014

FET #3: Lining Check and Progesterone Shots


I wrote all of these entries on the dates listed, but we weren't ready to post them until now.  If you know the outcome of our latest treatment, please don't give it away in the comments until after the "FET #6: Results!" post has been posted.

In case you missed them, here are links to the previous posts: FET #1: Medications and a Miracle; FET #2: Baseline, Meeting the Fenlons and SHOTS!

Thursday, January 2, 2014
Matt went ice fishing today so Mom (Purcell) took me to my doctors appointment this morning.  They did an ultrasound to measure my lining and I was actually pretty nervous about it.  I was worried that it wouldn't be thick enough.  The NP who did the ultrasound was so sweet and told me that my lining is measuring at 12 mm--they said anything above 8 mm is great!!  That number will continue to increase as we continue doing the Estradiol injections.  We were so relieved and excited to receive good news!  It just feels like things are falling into place.  They also drew my blood again.  After the appointment I spent the day hanging out with the girls (on the Purcell side) and Michael.  We went to lunch and shopping at Gardener Village.  I love that place.

Here are a couple pictures of what Matt spent the day doing.  He loved it!  :)  Brrrr...

Monday, January 6, 2014
We spent this past weekend partying with James (Matt's brother) and Steph in beutiful St. George.  It was so nice to get away from the cold for a little while and to spend some time with them.  The weekend was spent having girls nights and double dates--it was fantastic.  Today I had my blood drawn at the hospital in Saint George.  After our pit stop to get my blood drawn we spent the day driving back to South Jordan.  We enjoyed some beautiful views and made a lot of fun plans for the future.  We could not be more excited about this cycle.

Thursday, January 9, 2014
This morning we started the Progesterone oil shots and OUCH!  The needles are bigger for one, but the main thing is that the oil is so thick!  I could feel it going in and it took a while.  After Matt gives me the shot I'm supposed to sit on a heating pad for 15 minutes or so to help the oil disperse and not clump up in my muscles.  My hip has been killing me all day.  It kind of feels like a Charley horse.  We'll continue doing these each morning until 12 weeks, or until a negative pregnancy test.

Here's a picture of the shot I get each morning.

Monday, January 13, 2014
I had my last "Monday morning blood draw" today!  The transfer is happening tomorrow!  I feel excited, nervous, and peaceful all at the same time.  We've been doing the Progesterone shots every morning and switching sides.  This had made sleeping pretty interesting since it has made sleeping on my side almost impossible.  Honestly though, I'd do these shots every day for the rest of the my life if it meant we could have a baby.  Infertility tends to put little things like this into perspective.  Tomorrow, we pick up the kids.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Holy cow! Those shots look awful :( you are so amazing Steph! We love you guys.

Marie said...

I was always worried Dan would forget to change needles after drawing the meds out of the vial. Fingers crossed for good news on Friday!

Bryce & Cherise said...

I hate those shots.... *shudder* you're a brave woman. :) good job documenting!
Xoxo

laura d said...

"Tomorrow we pick up the kids." Lol! I'm excited to see the next post!