Friday, August 1, 2014

10 Week Ultrasound


Friday, July 25, 2014:
I was feeling so excited and nervous about our 10 week ultrasound.  Due to the hemorrhage on the last ultrasound I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I mostly felt peace and that everything would be ok, but there was a part of me that was really nervous.  Having a miscarriage causes a lot of intense fears and anxiety in following pregnancies.  I just kept saying a little prayer in my heart that everything would be ok and our baby would be healthy and growing strong!

Here I am all ready for the ultrasound!

It was great to see Dr. Foulk for our last visit to the Utah Fertility Center (for now) before we graduate to an OB.  He always puts me right at ease and didn't fail to keep up his record today.  He walked in the room and said, "Hey my little miracle workers!"  Then he asked us all about how I'd been feeling, about the move, and Matt's job.  You can always tell that he sincerely cares.

The ultrasound began and I immediately saw that little heartbeat flutter on the screen that stole my heart all over again.  Here is our little B--cute as ever!
 It was so fun to see how much he/she has grown already since our last ultrasound!

Then Dr. Foulk turned on the sound so we could hear the heartbeat.  He said, "Sounds like a galloping horse--must be a boy!"  Most people are guessing that the baby is a boy.  We'll see if they are right.  :)

Here is a video of the little heartbeat.  I love this baby so much already!!

Right after hearing the heartbeat Dr. Foulk was talking to us about and showing us the hemorrhage on the screen when we saw the baby DANCING in the corner!  Seriously, the head, body, legs and arms were all moving around!!  It was the craziest thing I've ever seen!  Of course, once Matt turned on the camera the baby got a little camera shy and was super still.  It was funny.  Dr. Foulk tried pushing on my stomach to get the baby to move again, but the most we got out of he/she was this cute little wave.  "Hi mom and dad!" :)

Dr. Foulk eased my fears a lot about the hemorrhage.  He said (at least this is what I understood!) that right now the placenta is sitting on top of my cervix and there is some blood clotting between the two.  He said that as the baby grows that the placenta will move off of my cervix and the hemorrhage will clear up.  He said it's pretty common and he's not too concerned about it.  He said that I need to keep taking it easy (no exercise, etc) for a few more weeks because if I do something strenuous it could dislodge the clot and potentially cause more issues.  He also said not to panic if I have spotting because it's almost expected in this situation.  I just feel a lot of peace about the whole situation and know that our baby will be ok.

I am REALLY going to miss the Utah Fertility Center until we go back in a few years.  We love all the people there and how friendly they are.  Everyone was congratulating us on graduating (to our OB), asking us how we're doing, and letting us know that they will call to check in and see how things are going along the way.  When we left they gave us this card with our ultrasound pictures inside.  :)  We told them that we'll be back for our little freezer babies in a couple years.

1 comments:

Annie said...

I think it's a girl. For the record. :)