Friday, August 1, 2014

5 Weeks!


I really want to document every moment of this pregnancy because we've waited so long to experience it, but I totally understand if you are still waiting for your miracle and reading endless details about our pregnancy is too painful.  There were many people/blogs I had to unfollow during my darkest moments to protect my heart.  That's ok.  Hang in there.

Sunday, June 22, 2014
How far along? 5 weeks--we think!

Total weight gain/loss: None
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but some of my pants are uncomfortably tight when I'm extra bloaty (that's a word you know).
Best moment this week: Finding out that we are pregnant on Friday and getting to surprise Matt at work--it was one of the best days of my life!
Waist diameter: Coming soon
Food cravings: Fruit, veggies, and salty snacks--most sweet things sound unappetizing which is weird for me.
Belly button in or out?  It's definitely too early for this question unless you were born with an outie belly button. :)
What I miss: NOTHING!  I've waited so long to be sick, huge and waddling.  I'm not huge and waddling yet, but I'm embracing the sickness as a good sign that things are progressing!
What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound on July 9!!  It will be such a relief to see our baby in there!
Milestones: It's still early, but hey!  I made it to 5 weeks!
Realization of the week: God is truly a God of miracles and will never forsake us in our trials.  "And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." source

1 comments:

Rachel {Little Ivie Lane} said...

You are adorable! Going through your blog has brought back a flood of emotions. My husband and I did IVF back in February and we are now expecting boy girl twins! We are hoping to meet them next month :) I'm so happy for this miracle in your life...especially to be blessed with conceiving naturally. Reading that gave me the chills. I was so impatient, but learned so much about the Lord's timing. Infertility has been a trial that has brought me closer to God. He truly knows what He's doing. Again, I am so so happy for you! I'm excited to continue following your story.