Friday, August 1, 2014

6 Weeks!


Sunday, June 29, 2014
How far along? 6 weeks--we think!  We find out our exact due date on July 9 at our first ultrasound.
Total weight gain/loss: 1.4 lbs--I'm hungry CONSTANTLY!
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but most of my pants/skirts are uncomfortably tight because I'm bloaty all the time!
Best moment this week: Getting sick.  It has been such a relief to be sick!  It hasn't been terrible, but I have to eat constantly or I start getting a little nauseated and my stomach starts growling.  Even if I eat a huge meal and feel stuffed, my stomach will start growling and the nausea will set in within 30-45 minutes.
Movement: Clearly no for the baby. :)  Though, I've been sure to do some moderate exercise each day and it seems to really help with my energy levels and overall mood!
Waist diameter: Coming soon
Food cravings: I ate a peanut butter and pickle sandwich at 10 am the other day--that was awesome.  NO SWEETS!  It's really weird.
Labor signs: Thankfully, none. :)
Belly button in or out?  It's definitely too early for this question unless you were born with an outie belly button. :)
What I miss: NOTHING!  I've waited so long to be sick, huge and waddling.  I'm not huge and waddling yet, but I'm embracing the sickness as a good sign that things are progressing!
What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound on July 9!!  It will be such a relief to see our baby in there!  I'm also really looking forward to being able to tell our families--it has been especially hard to keep it from my parents since we are living with them.  Thankfully it's so incredibly unbelievable that we are pregnant that I think even if I told my mom I was throwing up every morning (I'm not) she wouldn't catch on. :)
Milestones:  6 weeks!!  Pregnancy sickness also kicked in this week, so I guess that's a milestone!
Realization of the week:  My need to trust in the Lord didn't just go away once we achieved pregnancy.  I've had quite a bit of anxiety during this pregnancy and am often worried that something will go wrong and I'll miscarry.  Matt has given me a few priesthood blessings that have really calmed my spirit.  I know everything will be ok, but I've had to continually rely on the Lord and trust in His will for us.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I love these posts, the changing answers to the same questions, the awesome week by week photo :)