Friday, August 1, 2014

7 Weeks!


Sunday, July 6, 2014
I kind of already have a teeny tiny belly in this picture.  It's just pregnancy bloating--fun stuff. :)

How far along? 7 weeks--we think!  We find out our exact due date on Wednesday at our first ultrasound.
Total weight gain/loss: I lost 4 lbs from last week.  I think its because I'm always hungry, but I can't eat very much because nothing really sounds good most of the time.  My aversion to meat and all things sweet also isn't helping. Though, I never really know how accurate this is because my weight fluctuates by several lbs throughout the day.
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but most of my pants/skirts are uncomfortably tight because I'm bloaty all the time!
Best moment this week: I threw up!  It was pretty terrible because it was in a public restroom, but they say if you throw up during pregnancy that your chances of miscarriage decrease by quite a bit.  I'm glad it has only happened once so far, but it was a good sign that things are progressing.  We also told both of our families so that was fun!
Movement: They say the baby is moving now, but I can't feel it,
Waist diameter: 25 inches
Food cravings/Aversions: LOVING salty stuff right now: salt and vinegar chips, pickles, popcorn, etc.  I'm also craving lots of fruit, but it has to be just the right ripeness.  I'm having lots of meat and chocolate aversions.
Labor signs: Thankfully, none. :)
Belly button in or out?  It's definitely too early for this question unless you were born with an outie belly button. :)
What I miss: NOTHING!  I've waited so long to be sick, huge and waddling.  I'm not huge and waddling yet, but I'm embracing the sickness as a good sign that things are progressing!
What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound on July 9!!  It will be such a relief to see our baby in there!  
Milestones:  7 weeks!! 
Realization of the week: Hindsight really is 20/20.  It was so hard for me to see why the Lord was dragging us through 5.5 years of infertility when we were in the trenches of it.  Now, looking back, everything seems to make perfect sense.  It's just a good reminder to me to trust in the Lord even when things don't make sense in the moment.
Other funny things: This week I had a dream that I was having twins.  So there you go.  :)

0 comments: