Thursday, October 9, 2014

21 Weeks

Thursday, October 9, 2014
How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I've gained about 6.5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes: I'm to the point where I wear maternity clothes about 90% of the time.  I finally had to give in and order some maternity yoga pants because mine were getting really snug.
Best moment this week: General Conference was amazing!  (visit www.lds.org to hear the inspiring messages from our prophet and apostles).  I also got to go and visit Matt at work and have lunch with him.  It was so fun to have a little date in the middle of the day.  Ooo… and the baby's crib came yesterday!  We are going to try and put it together in the next week or so.
Movement: She is moving so much now!  I'm also starting to figure out her little schedule.  She moves most first thing in the morning, then mid morning around 10:30 am, then again in the afternoon around 3/4 pm, and again in the evening around 9 pm.  There are lots of other little kicks in between, but those seem to be her exercise sessions. ;)  I can't wait for Matt to be able to feel her from the outside.
Waist diameter: 27.75 inches at waist, 33.75 inches at the widest section of my belly…and growing!
Food cravings/Aversions: I still love lemon water.  I've also been craving cookies and ice cream more which I'm sure is helping with the weight gain. ;)  Still love my veggies and fruit.
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.
Belly button in or out?  Still just a little less in than normal.  I'm sure it will be out in no time.
What I miss: NOTHING!  I'm just so grateful for this little miracle growing inside.
What I am looking forward to: I'm looking forward to Matt being able to feel her move--he will love it!  Everyday he wants to listen to the babe and puts his ear up to my belly.  I'm excited to put the baby's crib together. I'm also really excited to start listening to Christmas music.  Sounds crazy I know, but I might not be able to hold back until after Halloween.  I'm really, really trying!
Milestones:  21 weeks!  I feel like my belly is really starting to pop out now.  The other day Matt told me that my belly is "legit" now. ;)
Realization of the week: We are so incredibly blessed.  Here is my instagram post from a couples days ago:

"Every day (and by every day I mean like 5 times/day) I walk into the nursery and open the closet just to think about our sweet baby girl while looking at all the pretty little things. Then I see this pregnancy test and it takes my breath away every time--just like it did the first time. I longed for 5.5 years to be a mom and there were so many times I worried that dream would never become a reality--that I would never see that positive pregnancy test--that I would never feel our baby moving inside of me. Infertility is the hardest thing I've ever faced. But, as I lie here in bed, feeling these little miracle kicks, I can't help but feel grateful for the struggle. The wait has blessed me with a humble appreciation for this incredible blessing. God is very real. Miracles happen."
Other things: We have a name picked out for our baby girl, but we have decided to keep it in our immediate family until she arrives.  We don't want anyone's opinion on the name and people seem to like to freely give it. ;)  No one who has heard the name has shared a negative opinion, but we want to keep it that way.

0 comments: