Thursday, October 2, 2014

20 Weeks

Thursday, October 1, 2014
How far along? 20 weeks--HALF WAY!
Total weight gain/loss: I've gained about 5 pounds!  We're finally seeing some progress!
Maternity clothes: Definitely!  I must admit though that my favorite outfit when at home is still yoga pants and a shade shirt.  I'm definitely a believer in being comfortable. :)
Best moment this week: It has been so fun to feel baby girl moving more and more!  On Monday she kicked so hard that I could feel it from the outside--unfortunately she stopped kicking as soon as Matt put his hand there.  She was kicking like crazy on Tuesday afternoon as well and I could again feel her from the outside--it's an incredible feeling!  There is a person in there!
Movement: See above. :)  It's hard not to panic when I feel her moving less one day than the day before, but I'm trying to stay calm.  Ha.
Waist diameter: 27.25 inches at waist, 33.25 inches at the widest section of my belly…and growing!
Food cravings/Aversions: I made my yummy green olive, pasta salad and I've been eating that at least once per day.  I'm still loving the lemon water and fruit.  I also frequently crave chips and salsa and pickles.
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.
Belly button in or out?  Still just a little less in than normal.  I'm sure it will be out in no time.
What I miss: NOTHING!  I'm just so grateful for this little miracle growing inside.
What I am looking forward to: 
Milestones:  20 weeks--HALF WAY!! It was definitely a milestone to start feeling the baby from the outside.
Realization of the week: We are having a baby!  I think feeling the baby more and finding out the gender has made this feel a lot more real!  It's also fun finally having a room for the baby and I can't wait to start decorating it and filling it with all things baby.
Other things: We are getting very excited for the holidays!  It's crazy to think that it's already October and with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas we'll be meeting our sweet baby girl in no time!

I finally got completely unpacked in our new apartment and we are loving it!  Baby girl's nursery is almost completely empty and ready to be filled with all kinds of baby things.

Here is a picture of our kitchen:


Here is a picture of our "dresser":
We moved into our apartment with absolutely no furniture!  We've since purchased a large sectional couch that we have been sleeping on and our mattress and box springs come today!  We aren't sure how much furniture we want to purchase right now since we're only planning to be in this apartment for 8-9 months at the most.  We live on the 3rd floor, so even just moving big items up here is a hassle.  

0 comments: