Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Windy City in the Summer!

The second day my parents were visiting we took a little trip to Chicago.

Isn't Chicago gorgeous in the summer??
After our day at the beach in this same lake, I wanted so badly to jump in and go for a swim. :)

While we were in Chicago we went to the Shedd Aquarium.  I was extremely impressed and Matt loved it.  He once said, "Fish are my favorite animal because they don't come out on land and bother me."  :) 

I didn't get any pictures of the really cool things they had like sea otters, penguins, MASSIVE snakes and really colorful frogs, but here were a few of my favorite little fishies.

We also went to see a 4D planet earth movie that was pretty sweet.  Our favorite parts were when they sprayed your face with water, and of course the glasses...
Ha, their serious faces are so much better than ours--think invasion of the body snatchers... :)
One of my favorite parts of our visit was the water show where they showed how they train the dolphins.  Check out the view of lake Michigan with all the sailboats!

Dad, Mom, Matt, and I in Chicago :)
After the aquarium we were going to go on an architecture cruise, but we were all really exhausted so we just went to dinner at a nice mexican restaurant instead.  I'm not sure if we were just really hungry or what, but they had the BEST chips and salsa I've ever had! :)  Until next time...

1 comments:

Rach said...

Fun my friend! Chicago is a city I've never visited before but it looks SWEET.