Friday, September 19, 2014

18 Weeks

Thursday, September 18, 2014
How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: My weight still varies a lot, but I actually weigh more now than I did prepregnancy! 1/2 a pound more...after I eat a big meal...but still! I'm excited about it. I'm just going to keep eating a well balanced diet and I think the weight will come. 
Maternity clothes: Yep! I can still wear some regular clothes though and not all maternity clothes fit me, so I'm still in that in between phase. 
Best moment this week: Feeling a for sure kick (or something ;)) from the baby! It feels like a little popcorn pop. I've only felt it a couple times, so I'm excited to start feeling the baby move more. We also found an apartment we love for a good price and are moving in tomorrow!
Movement: See previous. :)
Waist diameter: 26.75 inches at waist, 32 inches at widest section of my belly!
Food cravings/Aversions: These are beginning to ease up a bit!! I started craving a hamburger this week which I was shocked by. It was delicious in case you were wondering. :) I was having a cheese aversion earlier this week, but it seems to have let up. I ate part of a string cheese on Saturday (forced myself) and felt sick almost immediately. I was scared to throw up by myself--it terrifies me so Matt usually sits beside me. My attempt to hold it in because he wasn't home ended in me cleaning projectile vomit from the wall and counter top in the bathroom. It was lovely. I laughed and took a picture because, really?! I'll spare you the picture. It was awesome... Or something like that. 
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.
Belly button in or out?  In :)
What I miss: NOTHING!  I'm just so grateful for this little miracle growing inside. Sleep was nice though. I kind of miss that, but I would give up sleep for nine months for this miracle. Plus I figure my body is just getting used to surviving on a lack of sleep once the baby comes. :)
What I am looking forward to: Tomorrow we find out if it's a girl or a boy!! Our ultrasound is at 8 am! We are also looking forward to a little gender reveal party with our families on Monday. 
Milestones:  18 weeks! The definitely movement was a huge milestone! 
Realization of the week: Matt is going to be the best dad. I think I already knew that, but he is so cute and excited. He loves talking about the baby and gets really excited when I feel the baby move. It will be fun when he can feel the baby move. 
Other things: I mentioned that we are moving tomorrow! It's kind of funny because the only furniture we have is our treadmill and our TV. Oh, and an air mattress, but that doesn't count. ;)  Good motivation to just run all the time, right?  We have some furniture shopping to do!  We love the vaulted ceilings and all the natural light.  I'm ready to start nesting and I'm getting really excited about the nursery.

I'm feeling a lot better! I think the hand, foot and mouth may have just gotten into my nerves somehow because the nerve pain, which made the rounds around my entire nervous system, seems to have eased up for the most part!

0 comments: