Thursday, November 6, 2014

25 Weeks


Thursday, November 6, 2014
How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain: I've gained 12 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!  Moving right on up there. :)
Maternity clothes: Yep! I'm actually loving wearing maternity clothes. I might like them better than my regular clothes...
Best moment this week: It was really fun going to our birthing class for the first time this week. Matt is such a fun class partner because he cracks jokes the whole time. It was fun to go together. This magazine that they passed out made us laugh. Don't they know that everyone in the class is already pregnant?! I could have used this about 6 years ago. 


I also loved finding the fabric for Little B's crib quilt and I can't wait to piece it together! The coral minky fabric will be on the back. 

Movement: I'm starting to feel limbs roll across my belly. I love it! We are kind of obsessed with her already. Matt talks to her everyday and kisses my belly. 
Waist diameter28.75 inches at waist, 35.75 inches at the widest section of my belly…and growing!
Food cravings/Aversions: Today I was DYING to stop for some french fries at Arctic Circle.  I held myself back, but then came home and made macaroni and cheese.  Ha.  I really try to eat healthy most of the time, but it's ok to give in now and then, right?
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.  I've experienced a lot of anxiety during this pregnancy.  I'm sure it's partly because of my past experiences and the experiences of those I love, but I panic quite frequently and worry about the baby.  I have to remind myself that the baby is just fine and nothing is wrong.
Belly button in or out?  It's getting smaller, but my doctor doesn't think I'll get an outie.  We'll see!
What I miss: NOTHING!  I'm just so grateful for this little miracle growing inside.
What I am looking forward to: Christmas!  Really.  I was saying to Matt the other day that every Christmas since we've been married has been kind of difficult for me.  The first year my grandpa passed away and we've been dealing with infertility every year since then.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the holidays, but there was always an ache in my heart.  I definitely understand and appreciate that the holidays are difficult for some.  This year my heart is full.  Things have really fallen into place for us and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.  I'm able to appreciate all of our blessings more because of the trials we've faced to get to this point.
Milestones:  25 weeks! 
Realization of the week: We are so, so blessed!  Every time I look in the mirror or down at my belly I can hardly believe it's me!  I can't believe there is a sweet miracle baby growing inside.  There were so many years where I struggled cling to the hope that this might actually happen for us.  I'm just so grateful.
Other things: We had fun spending Halloween in St. George with Matt's family and all of these cute little people. :)

0 comments: