Thursday, November 13, 2014

26 Weeks

Thursday, November 13, 2014
How far along? 26 weeks--sorry my scarf is kind of hiding my belly, but you get the idea. ;)
Total weight gain: I've gained 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!  Moving right on up there. :)
Maternity clothes: Yep!
Best moment this week: We loved having Matt's parents and sister over for dinner and TV show watching on Friday night.  Yummy enchiladas, rice, salad, and pumpkin bars.

I also loved cutting the fabric for Little B's crib quilt and laying it out in the pattern--now time to sew!  The squares that look like a weird white color are actually blue and white with a cute design, but this picture doesn't really show that. This is so cute in person and I'll take better pictures once it's finished!
Movement: They say these next few weeks are the most active weeks for the baby. I have to agree. She's been kicking all night and I love it! The placenta is right in front so I can't feel much there, but sometimes I feel huge kicks/punches on both sides at the same time like she is doing jumping jacks or something! I am loving every second. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed because then I can't feel her quite as much and I love feeling her move. Oh baby girl. You have no idea how much you are already loved in these parts.
Waist diameter28.75 inches at waist, 36.25 inches at the widest section of my belly…and growing!
Food cravings/Aversions: I've been SOOOO hungry all the time.  I have to eat constantly.  I'm still loving spicy food and fruits and veggies.
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.
Belly button in or out?  It's about the same as it has been the last few weeks--definitely smaller, but not popping out yet!
What I miss: NOTHING!  I'm just so grateful for this little miracle growing inside.
What I am looking forward to: I'm really excited for my weekend with Matt and for my doctor's appointment next Wednesday!  We'll get to see the baby again and they'll see if my placenta has moved at all or if I'll have to have a c-section due to placenta previa.
Milestones:  26 weeks!  The baby is approximately 14.02 inches long (from crown to heel) and weighs approximately 1.68 pounds.  Approximately. ;)
Realization of the week: This baby is going to be here before we know it!  We are only about three months away from our due date and with the holidays coming up we'll be busy and time is going to fly by.  We can't wait!
Other things: In our child birth class last night they showed a video of some women in labor and one of them was laboring in the tub.  I turned to Matt and whispered, "That looks nice, but why in the world is she wearing her hospital gown in the tub?!"  Matt responded, "Um, maybe because she is being filmed…?"  Ha.  I love him.

We bought a super cheap 4 ft tall christmas tree for our little apartment this year.  We considered going for the big purchase and buying our more permanent Christmas tree, but it wouldn't fit in our apartment very well so we'll wait until next year for that. :)  I'm actually kind of excited about our tiny tree because it will fit in a place where we'll get to sit next to it each evening.  I love Christmas lights!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I love all these updates! Your belly is huge! I can't wait to see you at Christmas.