Saturday, November 29, 2014

28 Weeks

Thursday, November 27, 2014
How far along? 28 weeks!
Total weight gain: I've gained 16 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!  Moving right on up there. :)
Maternity clothes: Yep!  I think I like my maternity clothes better than my regular clothes!
Best moment this week: Thanksgiving was pretty fabulous--all that food and a great excuse to eat two pieces of pie. ;)
Movement: Lots of movement and flipping around in there.  She is getting stronger every week. I love it.
Waist diameter28.75 inches at waist, 36.75 inches at the widest section of my belly…and growing!
Food cravings/Aversions: I still love spicy foods--especially anything buffalo flavored--and fruit. 
Labor signs: Thankfully, none.
Belly button in or out?  It's about the same as it has been the last few weeks--definitely smaller, but not popping out yet!
What I miss: NOTHING!
What I am looking forward to: I bought the fabric for the crib skirt this week and I'm excited to get that made. 
Milestones:  28 weeks!  The baby is approximately 14.8 inches long (from crown to heel) and weighs approximately 2.22 pounds.  Approximately. ;)
Realization of the week: We have been so incredibly blessed this year and had really long gratitude journal entries on Thanksgiving. The Lord has been incredibly good to us this year. 
Other things:  Ha. The other day we were talking about labor and Matt said something about making sure I don't sit on the couch during labor in case my water breaks. Then he said maybe I should sit on a plastic sheet for the last month just in case. :) I laughed so hard. I think he has a serious phobia of my water breaking and ruining our couch forever. Later he said, "it would even be better if it broke in the car so you may want to take that into consideration when planning the timing of your water breaking." I had to explain how rare it is that your water would just spontaneously explode. He makes me laugh. 

2 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

First of all, I LOVE THESE WEEKLY UPDATES! I read them every week and just smile from ear to ear!

Second of all, with Claire, my water broke while we were in our basement watching Monday Night Football. It wasn't a huge gush or anything, but a little pop and trickle, and I was like, "I think my water just broke!" And Chris, rather than being excited for our impending baby's birth or concern for me being in labor, started shouting, "GET UPSTAIRS! There's no bathroom down here! You're going to ruin the carpet! RUN! GET OUT OF HERE!"

It was HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing, which just made more and more fluid gush out. So funny.

(And, for the record, the carpet was totally untouched and fine. Freaking worrywart.)

Lisa said...

guys are so funny with that whole water breaking thing - Paul was the same way. My water broke with Taylor and when I told Paul he was all concerned about where it broke and wanted me to sit on a towel and on and on. funny times :)