Thursday, January 1, 2015

33 Weeks

Thursday, January 1, 2015
How far along? 33 weeks!
Total weight gain: I've gained 22.5 pounds.  The other day I gained 5 pounds over night.  It kind of freaked me out.  I went in for a doctor's appointment just to make sure everything is in order and the baby and I are just fine.  My weight fluctuated back down to the normal progression within another day or so.
Maternity clothes: Yep!  I've also started wearing Matt's t-shirts around the house sometimes.  He says I'm going to stretch them out.  Ha.  Jerk.  I love them.
Best moment this week: Christmas and spending time with family!  I'm also really excited that the holidays are over.  I'm ready to get back into my normal routine and I already took all the Christmas decorations down.  I think I'm just really excited for the next couple months getting ready for and meeting the babe.  
Movement: She is still moving a lot and I love it.  She really likes hanging out by my ribs.
Waist diameter: 29.25 inches at waist, 38.5 inches at the widest section of my belly
Food cravings/Aversions: Oranges!  Sometimes I'll eat several in one sitting!  I love clementines too, but I mostly crave the full size oranges.
Labor signs: Sometimes I get Braxton Hicks contractions--especially when I'm up and about doing things. 
Belly button in or out?  It's starting to pop out just a teeny tiny bit.  You can only see it popping from the side.
What I miss: NOTHING!  We are just so grateful for this little miracle.
What I am looking forward to: My sweet friends are throwing a baby shower for me on Saturday so I'm very excited about that!  It will be so fun to spend some time with a few of my best friends.
Milestones:  33 weeks!  The baby is approximately 17.20 inches long (from head to heel) and weighs approximately 4.23 pounds.  Approximately. ;)
Realization of the week: We started 2014 hoping to have baby in October.  After some really difficult trials and losing our twins, we were so blessed with our sweet miracle baby.  We love her so much and can't wait to meet her!
Other things: Nesting has really started to set in!  I've been organizing and cleaning the house and I'm really excited to finish getting her room ready.  I also made an appointment to have the carpets cleaned.

We had so much fun talking to Michael on Christmas Day.  He looks so happy and seems to be doing really well.  We miss him a lot, but are so proud of the work he is doing on his mission.

I had lunch with a friend and fellow infertility warrior earlier this week and it was definitely one of the highlights.  

0 comments: